Fashion Doll collectors of the world are going to go crazy at these latest offerings from Mattel with their “Star Wars x Barbie” high end fashion dolls. You might remember our recent post about their “X-Men x Barbie” fashion dolls (seen HERE in case you missed it) and these are another perfect compliment to one’s collection of such things. Let’s take a look shall we?
The Press Notes:
Barbie is teaming up with Star Wars on a new collaboration paying homage to Star Wars: A New Hope, by putting a high-fashion twist on iconic characters
Star Wars™ Princess Leia x Barbie® Doll:
• Princess Leia Organa became a beloved icon throughout the world.
• This collectible Star Wars™ x Barbie® doll captures Princess Leia’s classic look in a dignified white gown with dramatic, floor-length sleeves.
• Details include a silvery peplum belt, cuff jewelry and an up-do inspired by her signature hairstyle. Star Wars™ Princess Leia x Barbie® doll makes a great gift for Star Wars™ and Barbie® fans.
Star Wars™ Darth Vader x Barbie® Doll:
• Once a heroic Jedi Knight, Darth Vader was enticed by the dark side of the Force, became a Sith Lord, and led the Empire’s eradication of the Jedi Order.
• This collectible Star Wars™ x Barbie® doll captures Darth Vader’s Sith armor silhouette in a head-to-toe shiny-black ensemble. Metallic details at her collar and waist, dark glasses and an emblematic black cape finish the look. Star Wars™ Darth Vader x Barbie® doll makes a great gift for Star Wars™ and Barbie® fans.
Star Wars™ R2D2 x Barbie® Doll:
• A resourceful astromech droid, skilled starship mechanic and fighter pilot’s assistant, R2-D2 showed great bravery in rescuing his masters and their friends from many perils. Star Wars™ R2-D2 x Barbie® doll captures the lovable droid’s look in a geometric ensemble with a dome skirt, bomber jacket and boots over silvery tights.
• A vibrant blue ponytail and “radar eye” detail complete the look. Star Wars™ R2-D2 x Barbie® doll makes a great gift for Star Wars™ and Barbie® fans.
*** end of transmission ***
Piercing Ken Thoughts: I have to say that Mattel has knocked it out of the park with these Star Wars x Barbie Fashion Dolls and while they have a pretty hefty price tag @ $100 apiece, they are sure to go up in value in the years to come. The Princess Leia is beautiful, and the Darth Vader is super cool and will likely inspire female cosplayers on how to do their outfit come NY Comic Con. I’d suggest that they be stored safely away once you get your hands on any of them. I’m not at all a collector of fashion dolls like this but I know a whole lot of people who will be hitting the Amazon.com link s below to be sure to secure one or all three. Looking back at the pics I kind of want the Darth Vader one as well. It’s my hope that more will be coming down the line in a Star Wars collection because I’d love to see a Stormtrooper, Boba Fett and dare we hope for The Empress ;p – That’s all I have to say about the matter and as I close this one up I wonder what you readers think. Chime in down below.
Official Website: http://www.barbie.com