Mattel has really been pulling out the stops for their world famous doll and have already received high praise for their “Star Wars” Barbie, “X-Men” Barbie and the David Bowie Barbie. I loved all of those myself but admit that I am still waiting on a Darth Vader Ken or at least a Boba Fett one before I dive into this side of the collectible market. Now it’s time to help share the announcement about the “Elton John Barbie”. Some specs follow the image below and then I’ll have a whole lot of Mattel supplied visuals. Enjoy.
“Elton John” Barbie
* Barbie® pays tribute to the legendary singer, songwriter, pianist and composer Elton John.
* The Elton John Barbie® doll shines bright in a glittery top and flared denim embellished with Eltons sparkling initials.
* Her Elton-embossed bomber jacket features star-printed sleeves and a rainbow-striped hem.
* Colorful nods to the artists iconic style include rainbow-striped platform boots, a bowler hat and sparkly, pink-tinted sunglasses.
* This collectible Barbie® doll is a bold collaboration that personifies two cultural icons and honors the extraordinary artistry and musicianship of a stellar performer.
* In specially designed packaging, the Elton John Barbie® doll makes a great gift for fans and collectors. Includes doll stand and Certificate of Authenticity.
Specs: SRP: $50, 6Y +, Fall 2020 @ Amazon.com, Target.com and Walmart.com
*** end of transmission ***
Piercing Ken Thoughts: This is an amazing doll for sure and one that the collectors will surely rally behind. Heck, I can see those fans of the musician who aren’t toy collectors getting on board with this one as well. I do think Barbie as Elton is fantastical, but I lean more towards her Bowie edition myself based on my overall appreciation of the artist. If they make a set of KISS ones I am in trouble for sure and as I write this I am actually surprised that Gene Simmons hasn’t looked into this yet but I digress. As noted the Elton John Barbie doll will be available at numerous outlets in November, so get thee ordering. You know you want it and you can tell me just how much down in the comments section below. See you next time.
Elton John: http://www.eltonjohn.com
One thought on “Mattel Reveals “Elton John” Barbie”
I think her pants should be made of satin, and I dislike her hair, but everything else looks pretty good! Nice write up, Ken!